Saturday, June 4, 2011

Today is my Birthday

Today is my birthday. Like many adults, I am ambivalent about my birthday. Of course, the alternative to having a birthday is being dead, so I'll happily take the birthday.  Hooray! I am officially one year older! 
I won't have a big party with a puppet show or a magician.  I will not be given a basket of kittens or a red bicycle with ape hanger handlebars and a black banana seat.  Anything I might have wanted for myself I might have gotten myself already (although a both a new bicycle and basket of kittens does sound fun right now).
One thing I always appreciate on my birthday is a home-made card.  This card is from a number of years ago.  It was made by an old and dear friend who is today a dog owner herself and is taking in some foster puppies from the animal shelter for a month.  She will no doubt have puppy poops in her house.

No comments:

Post a Comment