Saturday, May 7, 2011

Return of the Tiny Ninja

I vacuumed my car Thursday. It’s been a while since I vacuumed my car, so it was pretty yucky. It is a good thing that I am not a "helicopter parent," because the helicopter would have been weighed down with trash and unsafe to fly. I was disqualified from helicopter parenting in the late 1990s when I allowed my children to make their own flimsy dioramas out of stuff they found in the recycling bin and did not insist that they play soccer when they objected to playing soccer. 

Here is a list of what I found in my car:


A bunch of bottle caps, parking stickers, and receipts
Pencils, black, blue and red pens; an eraser shaped like a die
One paperback book, Coyote v. Acme, by Ian Frazier
One hardback book, The Magician’s Elephant, by Kate DiCamillo
One (broken) spiral bound sketch pad, perhaps half-filled
Two unused plastic measuring cups for dispensing pet food
Two complete pairs of cheap stretchy black gloves
A filled-out sandwich order form for Blazing Bagels
Brown leather belt with brass buckle, size 26”
Torn, compressed copy of The New Yorker from February 28, 2011 missing cover found separately
Pink emery board (missing for several weeks, returned to pocket of driver’s door)
Tiny yellow ninja, missing one hand

No comments:

Post a Comment