Friday, January 14, 2011

26


I went about my busy day, only to find myself stopping by a second time to see him.  This time he was sound asleep and not nearly as outgoing as before.  I asked a salesperson what it would take to adopt a cat.  Not being the sort of person who gets a cat on impulse, never mind from a big-box pet supplies store, I called my vet.   Surely they could talk me out of it.  This veterinary practice has cared for seven of my pets, and seen me through four cremations.  I asked the receptionist if I were interested in adopting a kitten who would the reputable shelters in the area be. The receptionist said he liked Purrfect Pals because they are a no-kill shelter, so a permanent home for a cat makes room for another.  On my third trip to the big-box pet supplies store that day, I picked up the cat that we would name Schwartz.

No comments:

Post a Comment